1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
There are so many types of food I enjoy, but I would have to go with pizza. They're so good right outta the oven.
2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Definitely donuts. There's a Yum Yum Donuts down the block and I love their donuts, especially the maple bar. Yum!
3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
Since I'm Chinese, I'm sure there are a lot of things others would say are weird/crazy that I find totally normal. When I was younger, I believe I had quail. I didn't know it was quail and my sister told me it was chicken. It totally tastes like chicken, but never again. I think it's more of a mind thing.
4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
I don't eat raw fish, even though I love sushi..... cooked sushi. California rolls, shrimp tempura rolls, I'm fine with. No raw fish or eggs for me.
5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
When my sister and I were younger, we would get fresh palatha when it was our birthday. My parents are from Myanmar, so we love Burmese food. There aren't any places that sell fresh palatha around here, so we settle from frozen ones. It's made out of a special kind of dough. You can eat it with sugar or curry. Good stuff.
6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
Last year on my long term assignment, I baked a lot because it helped relax me. I found this Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe online and still remember the aroma that filled the kitchen while it was baking. It was heavenly and tasted as good as it smelled!