Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Days

I love Valentine's Day.

Not because the boyfriend and I get to be all lovey dovey (well of course that's a small part). I've loved it since I was a little kid. I enjoyed picking the cards at the store and writing each one out to my friends and teachers. I still gave out Valentines in high school and college. My freshman year, I bought heart shaped balloons for my roommates and treats. I love how the students get so excited exchanging their treats to one another. Even now, I send Valentines and make goodies because I enjoy it and I know it'll put a smile of the face of my loved ones.

I titled this post "Valentine's Days" with the extra "s" because for me, it felt like it started on the Thursday before, not Monday. I got a Valentine in the mail from one of my dearest friends, Jennifer. I was so excited, especially because it was unexpected and so personal. 

On Friday, I came home to a bouquet of roses from Rudy that were delivered. It was a total shocker since he usually brings them. He is just the sweetest. I had the biggest smile of my face. :-D


I got another Valentine card for Lei and Nach on Saturday. I love their cards!



Rudy and I also went out on Saturday on our full day date since we both work on Monday. We went to watch "The Green Hornet" (I gave it a 6.5, he gave it a 7.5 outta 10), got foot massages (definitely what I needed), and had dinner at a little Italian place nearby. 

We exchanged our little gifts and he got me an awesome waffle maker that makes heart shaped waffles. So Sunday morning, he made me waffles for breakfast. I love breakfast food!
 


On Monday, we took my sister along with us to dinner. We love her and wanted her to celebrate with us. We went to a fantastic hole in the wall Italian place the next city over and had some delicious food. They gave fantastic portions for a great price.

On Tuesday, I came home and these adorable things were sitting on my bed from my sister.


 I love sharing Valentine's Day with all my loved ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment