Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pantene Beautiful Lengths

I have been wanting to donate my hair for the longest time, but was never able to keep my hair long enough because I would start to get the itch to get a haircut every few months. About a week ago, I finally cut off 8+ inches to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. 

I knew I was not going to be able to wait for my hair to grow any more, so I looked for an organization that accepted 8 inches. I've been wanting to cut my hair since last summer! I measured my hair at home and cutting 8 inches off would have my hair land right on my shoulder, which is where I wanted to cut my hair until anyhow. 

I got to the salon and was actually feeling a little anxious. The hairdresser tied my hair into three ponytails and took out her ruler. She showed me where she was going to cut, and I thought "What the heck?!" She told me that they don't count the bottom inch or two (split ends, uneven). When she asked me if I was ready, I took a deep breath and said, "yes."

She cut the first ponytail off and I'm not gonna lie, but I was freaking out inside. I then decided that what's done is done, that it's going to a good cause, and that my hair will grow back. She cut and cut, and my hair is now about 1.5 inches below my ears....with bangs. When I looked in the mirror, I swear, I looked twelve....especially with my big ol' head. Lol. 


I'm starting to get used to my hair and hey, it'll grow back eventually. It did help though, that I got a bunch of nice compliments from co workers and friends. The day after I cut my hair, I saw this on Pantene's Facebook page:

Pantene has donated 24,000+ wigs to the American Cancer Society.

And my hair is going to contribute to that! I'm really glad that I did it. Hair is hair, and if we can help others, then it's always worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment