Sunday, September 1, 2013

San Diego (July 2013)

This post is about 2 months late, but I wanted to share our trip to San Diego. Rudy and I wanted to go away somewhere that wasn't too far away and chose San Diego because there were sights we both wanted to see and we hadn't been there since we were little. 

We left Friday morning and headed over to Balboa Park. It was amazing to see all the beauty of nature. 

For dinner, we went to Little Italy. The restaurant we went to was amazing. Both Rudy and I loved our pasta and the service was excellent. The complimentary bread was yummy, too. Since we were in Little Italy, we (of course) had to stop by to get a cannoli. They brought out a fresh batch as we were walking in. Lucky us!
 Looks really good, right?!



On Saturday, we went to the San Diego Zoo. We actually spent 10 hours there. Yup, 10 hours. By the end, my feet wanted to fall off, but it was worth it. We went on the tram tour and I was lucky to have Rudy as my own personal guide. I have no sense of direction, so I let him lead the way. I was super excited to see the pandas and koalas. I love them so much, we visited them twice. We were lucky to see the baby panda active (mom was sleeping). The koalas were all asleep the first visit, but on the second visit, one was awake, eating away at the leaves. There are definitely a lot more animals than the Los Angeles Zoo, so I'm glad we planned on being there the whole day. 
 

The next day we went to the Safari Park, which was the hottest day of the trip. We went on the tram for the tour, but didn't purchase tickets for the more intimate tour. We knew we couldn't spend as much time there since we had to head back home. It was nice to see the animals on open land, but they weren't always at eye's view. We both agreed that we'll just stick to the regular zoo next time. 

We had such an amazing time and I enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully we'll be able to take another trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment